IT Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Design, develop, and implement an effective information technology (IT) and telecommunications Disaster Recovery Plan to recover critical IT systems, applications, data, and business processes.
- Conduct a risk assessment and Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to determine threats, vulnerabilities, impacts of disruption to IT infrastructure and business operations and IT and telecommunications recovery time frames, priorities, and resource requirements.
- Identify, evaluate, and select high availability and disaster recovery solutions suitable for Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Select and procure an appropriate secondary and tertiary alternate IT recovery site.
- Ensure critical data off-site backup and storage, retrieval, and management requirements are met.
- Establish effective Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and contracts with vendors, suppliers, and service providers for facilities, data, and resources.
- Assemble a knowledgeable and effective Disaster Recovery team, and assign appropriate pre-disaster, disaster, and post-disaster tasks and responsibilities.
- Test and manage changes to the Disaster Recovery Plan.